There is no argument over the fact that texting is perhaps one of the most used mobile application of all time. Almost all of us make use of text messaging at some point. For anyone who is into texting a lot, having the capacity to change the text message backgrounds is one of the most sought-after features. It is understandable that it gets quite monotonous for the texter if the smartphone fails to offer this feature.
While there is a bunch of applications to serve the purpose on the Android platform, iPhone users find themselves relatively confined in this regard. The good news for an iPhone user, though, is that you are not as stuck as you may think you are. There are multiple ways in which you can change the text message backgrounds or the background for iMessaging on your iPhone.
We have taken the liberty of mentioning two different methods to change the text message backgrounds on your iPhone in order to let you have a taste of customization that Android users love to brag about. The first one is primarily for the fans who wish to keep their iPhone in its pristine condition and avoid jailbreaking under all circumstances.
The method number 2, however, is for the users who have a jailbroken iPhone already. So it’s given that regardless of the kind of iPhone user you are, we have something in store for you. Both the methods work in pretty much the same fashion so you won’t really be missing on a lot regardless of whether you have a jailbroken iPhone or not. Without further ado, let’s take a closer look at the method number 1.
Changing The Text Message Backgrounds On iPhone Without Jailbreaking:
The first thing to realize is that Apple has not yet released an official application for the purpose of changing the text message backgrounds or colors of the message bubbles. Therefore, you are going to have to make use of a third party application to have the purpose served for you. Follow the steps mentioned below in order to have a whole new look for messaging on your iPhone.
1. To begin with, click on the icon of App Store on your iPhone’s screen. Once in, use the search section that you will find at the bottom of the screen. Search for an app named color text messages.
2. Once the search has been completed, you will be displayed a whole bunch of applications with a primary focus on changing the look of your messaging app on your iPhone. Be it the background, the font, the color, or any other effect, you can modify it with the use of such applications.
3. Choose an application that you deem appropriate for the purpose. You should give a good read to the descriptions of the applications in order to find out the effects and modifications that they’ll be able to make to the default messaging app for your iPhone.
4. Once chosen, click on install to have the application downloaded and installed on your iPhone. Depending on your connection speed, it’ll take a few seconds before the application will be installed on your phone.
5. Now that you have the application on your phone, all you have to do is launch the application and follow the instructions on the screen in order to be able to change the text message backgrounds on your iPhone.
Now that you are familiar with the method of changing the text message backgrounds on an iPhone that has not been jailbroken, it is time for you to learn how you can change the iMessage background on a jailbroken iPhone.
Changing The Text Message Background On An iPhone With Jailbreak:
There is no argument over the fact that the primary reasons why users choose jailbreak an iPhone is because they wish to customize it. Once your iPhone is open to customization, you can easily download and install the applications for changing the text message backgrounds via Cydia. The free application helps in customizing the messaging app in whatever fashion that you would like. All you have to do is follow the steps given below in order to do that.
1. Locate Cydia on your iPhone and click on its icon to launch. Once the app has been launched, make use of the search section of the application and type SMS/Desktop Background. Click on search.
2. Cydia will search the application for you and will display it on your iPhone’s screen. Click on the application, read through the description to find out what it can accomplish for you. Once down, all you have to do is click on the install button to have it downloaded on your iPhone.
3. Once the application has been installed on your iPhone, go to settings and move to the section of wallpapers. From here, you can choose the wallpaper that you would like to have the background of your messaging app.
4. The upper left corner of the picture that you have chosen will display a small “i” icon. Once you click on this icon, the background of your messaging app will be changed to the wallpaper that you have chosen.
As evident, changing the text message backgrounds on your iPhone is not as complicated as it may sound. While customizability is usually an issue on the iPhones, the developers haven’t been that cruel with the fans. All you have to do is follow the tips mentioned above and you’d be able to change the text message backgrounds on your iPhone with ease regardless of whether it has been jailbroken or not.
The best part of it all is that the methods we have accentuated are not confined to any particular model or iOS version of the Apple iPhone. You can follow the tips and have the text message backgrounds for your iPhone regardless of the model or iOS version you are using. What else could you possibly ask for?