The camera is the most important function of a smartphone, and the camera app in any smartphone is the most used app.
The camera app performs many functions and other than just clicking the pictures of scenery there is a lot more than you can do through the camera of a smartphone.
The iPhone is the most famous device that has got one of the best cameras in the world. Most iPhone users buy the device because of the camera it has.
It would just steal them from the purpose if they find their iPhone camera not working properly. There have a lot of cases where the camera app of the iPhone shows a black screen.
Other defects like the app showing certain lags, switching between primary and secondary camera freezing the app, HDR option being missing, flash not working or not in the sync with shots, etc.
From the range of models sold by apple right from the first iPhone to the latest one that is iPhone X, the defects mentioned above can be found in any model.
But, fortunately, these defects can be solved by you sitting at home easily. There are different solutions to these problems that your face in your iPhone which is mentioned below.
Steps if iPhone camera not working
- First of all, you have to find out the cause of the problem. You have to find out that whether the problem is in the software or the hardware of the device. If the software has a problem found, then a camera will work in different apps but not in the main camera app. If it doesn’t work in the camera app, then it is a hardware problem, and you should contact the Apple service center. You can check your camera in the FaceTime app.
- Once you find out that the defect is in the software of the phone, then you must close the camera app forcefully and give it the basis to restart right from the root. You can do this by opening recent apps and swapping up the camera app.
- If the box solution doesn’t work, then you must reset your iPhone to the default factory settings. This can be done by tapping settings app and selecting general and reset and then reset all option. Recheck the camera app and, if it works, then there is no need to do any other step.
- Restart your iPhone by pressing the home button and hold the power button simultaneously for a few seconds until the Apple logo appears in the middle of the screen. This means that your iPhone is rebooting. Recheck the camera app and if it works correctly then don’t take any other step.
- In the end, if any step has not helped you then you must set up your iPhone as new if you find your iPhone camera not working at all. This can be done in the settings, general, reset and by selecting erase all content and settings option.